1. Where can we buy your product?
You can buy our products Online by visitng Our Online Store
2. What does "Halal" Mean?
Halal is an Arabic word meaning lawful or permitted. The opposite of Halal is Haram, which means unlawful or prohibited. Halal and Haram are universal terms that apply to all aspects of life. The word "Halal" is commonly used for food items. All food is Halal by default, unless it has been declared Haram (forbidden) by the Qur'an (Muslim holy book) or Hadeeth (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad Peace be Upon Him). Pork is one of the most common Haram (forbidden) food item for Muslims to eat.
3. Why are regular Marshmallows Haram?
Regular marshmallows sold in the USA and Canada are usually made using pork gelatin, and pork is forbidden for Muslims to eat. (Qur'an 5:3)
4. What is the source of Beef Gelatin used in your Jiggly Wiggly Marshmallows?
We get all our beef gelatin imported from Pakistan and it is certified Halal by SANHA.
5. What are your next products?
We have recently launched Fruity Marshmallows. We would like to add more variety to our line of Halal Rice Crispy Treats with flavors such as; Double Chocolate, Rainbow Sprinkle and more. Please email us your suggestions about new products or different flavors firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What about Rice Crispy Treats that have marshmallows in them, are they Haram too?
Yes, they also use gelatin from pork. All pig products like pork are Haram (forbidden) for Muslims to eat.
7. What is gelatin?
Gelatin is a collagen protein derived from animal bones and ligaments. It contains 90% protein, and the rest is minerals and water.
8. Isn't all gelatin Haram (forbidden)?
No. Gelatin in itself is not forbidden, It depends what animal the gelatin comes from which determines if the gelatin is Halal or not.
9. Some Muslims say pork gelatin is OK because it has been changed chemically and they assume it is no longer in a Haram form. Is this true?
No. Gelatin is not changed chemically when it is taken from pigs. It's still the same protein with the same amino acids, so it is still a Haram substance.
10. Why can't you make Marshmallows with out using gelatin?
It just won't work. Gelatin is what gives marshmallows their nice fluffy texture.
11. Why don't you use gelatin from plants, like Agar?
Plant gelatin does not have the gelling strength that animal gelatin has, and it does not make a quality marshmallow product.
12. What guarantees me that your Marshmallows and Crispy Treats are 'Halal'?
Our American Halal Marshmallows and Halal Crispy Treats are made using gelatin from fish, so its guaranteed Halal because all fish is automatically Halal. (Qur'an 5:96)
13. Since you use gelatin from Fish, do your products smell like fish?
No, silly. Gelatin has no smell or taste. And our products smell like marshmallows.
14. What about the other ingredients in your products, are they Halal?
Yes, every other ingredient in our products is vegetable derived.
15. Is Halal Select Snacks a Muslim owned company?
Yes, we are 100% Muslim owned company making snacks that Muslims can enjoy.
16. Where in the USA can I buy your products?
You can either buy it from your local Muslim grocery store, or click here to buy it Online.
If you have any more questions please contact us